"Lord let us learn it, that we may live it." Justin Koch - Sunday Oct. 22, 2006
Lately, I have started doing something that seems to be very helpful for me in spending more time in the Word. I received an e-mail that challenges you to use your Bible like you would your cell phone. What if we turned around every time we forgot it because we couldn't go a day without it? What if we checked our Bible as many times as we check our cell phones (for me that's a lot! Cause it makes me feel cool when I have missed calls...weird I know). After getting that e-mail, I got invited to do something about changing that. Stick a Bible in your bag (I just use the one they handed out at the beginning of school that has the New Testament and Psalms and Proverbs in it. Every time you check your cell phone, read a scripture. (I think the intial plan was to just read a verse, but why not read what's surrounding that verse, if you have time.) Anyway, I'm not telling about this to make myself look "spiritual" or anything like that. I just want to let you all know how much it has helped. God can speak to me so much easier when I actually am reading what He has to say. Some scriptures that I have read before will take on a completely different meaning when I apply them to what is going in my day at that time. I didn't intend to post about this, but it just kinda spilled out.
And I just wanted to say Congratulations so Kenton Snyder and Heidi Heimer! (Not that they'll read this...) but I was pretty excited when I heard the news that God has brought them together! :) God bless you both.
Ok...one more thing and I'm done....
Q: What do you get when you cross Noah's ark and a bug?
A: Arctic
Gotta love laffy taffy! :)
Wednesday, November 01, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
I think I'm definitely going to have to try this. I like it!
you should use blood sucking insect...it'd give it more zing
A: Another really bad joke... =) Just kidding... lol.
it's a good idea, i think i might have to try it as well!! i love you and miss you dear chelsie!!
love
megan
Post a Comment