Sunday, November 12, 2006

home again home again

I really enjoy going home. How could I not when I get to lounge all morning with mom and (researching a paper) and then ride on a combine with my dad on Saturday afternoon while he cuts milo and be ABSOLUTELY ASTOUNDED at the WILDLIFE! ;) deer, pheasants, quail, coyote, rabbits, voles, and of course, birds. wow....it's amazing.
--Quote from Dad, "Nature hates a vaccuum, where there's a void, the wildlife will fill." You're so smart...and cool. haha

After riding with dad, I went into the house at the farm to attempt to study again, but I picked up a book, and there went studying! oops, but then Grandma came in and I laid my book down and we preceded to talk for the next hour and a half. I asked her to tell me her testimony, since I knew the general idea of it, but I wanted to know more since she grew up methodist and ended up repenting 7-9 (?) years before grandpa. It was a very interesting story. Full of having to trust God to get her over her built up mountains and how easily He made them into molehills. There's a lot to learn from our elders.
--Quote from Grandma, "You know, I always think, you never want to be a stumbling block to someone, but life's just to short to hold a grudge!"
This morning right after the kids left to go to Sunday school, I decided that I wanted to go to Sunday school as well. So I followed the kids out and was walking into the kitchen area when Kayli Stewart (2 1/2) turned around and saw me and immediately ran over and held her arms up, so when I picked her up she tells me, "I'M going to be MAWY and hold baby jesus!" She is one of the most expressive children I have ever seen, so her facial expressions were awesome. As I was sitting watching everyone practice their lines and getting into order, I looked over and saw that there were two little girls who were visitors, so I kinda self-appointed myself to be teacher and took them to find some coloring books and to read them a bible story. Let's just say, I'm not good with entertaining small children for a long period of time, so to sum it up, it pretty much was a failed attempt at "teaching" anything, but hey, they sure colored good! ;) Then I went back into watch the other kids after they had gone with their parents and at one point, Blake, Carter, and Josh are supposed to walk back up the aisles exclaiming "The Savior is born!" It sounded like they were telling someone that the laundry was done...I tried to pump them up and got "the look" from the teachers cause I got them too riled up. I have decided that I cannot win. o well. It was a great day and I really enjoy being with all the kids. After church, we had singing at the rest home, and then after that, we were heading to the grocery store and mom dad and I all saw the carload of kids and the parents walking into the store, and our brains are WAY to much alike, so I jumped out of the vehicle and climbed in their suburban while dad drove away to go fill-up with gas and mom went into the store. I told the kids I was kidnapping them and asked them where we should go, very logically, alysson (8) informed me that we should most likely go around the block so that her parents couldn't see them. Then I just said that I would take them all to Topeka with me, Staci (13) replied, "Ok, but we'll have to stop and get clothes at our house!" haha it was great. So I drove them around the block and then parked in a different spot from where they had originally been and told the kids goodbye, when I went in, I told Jenny so she wouldn't flip out and she said she would act surprised. Dad told me later that he was outside and said that Jenny was teasing her kids about driving around without them and the kids absolutely loving it! Man I love those kids... have I mentioned that? haha. anyway...moral of the story: 7 kids in one family make for great fun.
And finally, here is something completely random that I found while looking through my old saved mail files: http://users.chartertn.net/tonytemplin/FBI_eyes/
May God bless everyone's week!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

niiiiiiice

Heidi said...

I totally agree that 7 kids in one family makes for lots of fun.

Jenny would disagree with me.

But don't worry. I don't want that many.