Thursday, November 09, 2006

Ink Odd Wheat Rust

This is on the back of our Christian Challenge t-shirts. Anyone anyone??? Say it fast and mumble it, I want to see how long it takes people. It didn't take me too long, but I think it's kinda fun.
So I was listening to the radio the other day and since it's KLOVE they always have positive and encouraging stories. As this story started I thought, "I think I've heard this same story told a million different times." But I had to eat my own thoughts...?...yeah.
-- A little boy asked his mom what she wanted for her birthday, she replied that she would love a pocket book. The little boy knew that he did not have enough money to buy her a gift, so he took his favorite story book and cut the pocket out of his favorite shirt and gave it to his mom for her birthday. The mother, after recieving the gift, said, "You ruined a perfectly good shirt, and stalked out of the room leaving the gift where it was." The little boy was crushed.
(Just so you all know, I don't think I got the first part of this story right, but I couldn't remember it, but I really wanted to post it....)

This story absolutely broke my heart. I had to think how many times God is basically slapped in the face when someone He offers His amazing gift too ignores it. Steph & Mom, I'm sorry if you guys cried at this story. I didn't mean to bring death and trauma in... ;)
On a lighter note, I think I have to agree with Lindsay, Kenton got the ball rolling.
Congrats Tyler and Alexis!!!! :) May God bless you both for trusting Him so completely! (pretty amazing how marriage by faith works, huh T?)
welp, I really don't have much else to say tonight, but in the words of steph:
"May your life never be likened to a burned peep and may your chocolate never taste like mayo!" (don't quote me on that quote...cause I probably got it wrong...but Steph will correct me if I'm wrong...won't you steph?!) :)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

1) of course I cried... and then I wanted to punch the mother in the face (but I realized that was Tifani's job to say that...!)
2) you got the quote right!!!
3) congrats tyler!

Luke said...

Yes, we do trust in God.

Matthew said...

In the spirit of "Ink Odd Wheat Rust": "Ladle rat rotten hut".

The full story can be found here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ladle_rat_rotten_hut