Tuesday, September 05, 2006

What a weekend

The pic above is of us at the place where we had supper on Sunday evening, and we all decided to brave the "leech infested water" and stick our feet in.
This past weekend. 8 of us from KSU, Topeka, and Bern traveled to Ft. Scott for the Labor Day weekend. It was a great time and we had a lot of bonding Sister Time. Saturday we left Topeka at 7:45 a.m. and we met the other canoers at that one place. yeah that one. We canoed down a river and it took an incredibly shorter amount of time than last year. Maybe cause noone was tipping everyone over all the time. I mean yes there was tippage that occured but nothing huge. Tif started it! When we reached the end of our trip, we had about 2 hours to spare, so we started swinging on the rope swing into the water. All was fun and games until I got hurt, then everyone else had fun and games without me. haha...I'm ok just so you all know. After that, we cleaned up and had a hog roast that was amazing! Then we traveled back to the Fort and went to Kellenbergers to hear Cory Metzger speak on "Reaching the Lost: Sharing Your Faith". It was a great end to a nice day. I love Cory & jodi's kids... we had a bonfire and a singing and those kids joined right in with their requests for "B-I-B-L-E" and "At the Cross" My favorite part of the whole singing was when Harrison looked at Tif and said, "Why do you have your eyes closed???" haha...it was great to hear her explanation. Praise the Lord for children! Sunday after church, we headed to the resthomes to sing and it was really cool how one lady said, "For the last 2 years, you have sang 'When you pray', could you sing it again?" And we didn't have the books, so we just winged it. It turned out pretty good, except for my accidental solo, in the wrong place, wow..... We then went to tootsie's house to change and relax for a bit til supper. Then we played some vb and ate and then Larry Bahr spoke and then us KS gals went home. We stayed up late talking and then Monday we went shopping (o yea... :S) and then went to Barnes & Noble and we played the Ungame, which is basically a conversation starter. Good times, great memories. THen we came back to our Apt and played some more VB in the back yard. I loved this weekend because it was a great time to just hang out with the girls and to do this all while learning more about serving our Lord and Saviour. Thanks ladies for a great weekend!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

that was my camoe that was tiped over b/c i splashing her and she said that is it u are going out.

I want a fang picture up.

it was great to see all of those
who came with u.

Cowboy Clint

Tifani said...

Yep...a truly blessed girl weekend!

Anonymous said...

awww...i'm so sad that i missed this one! last year was a blast (except for the canoeing. seriously. there should be a legal limit on how long a person can row in one day. like maybe 3-5 minutes.)

also, i have some pictures for you...can you send me your e-mail? :)
cherylsmanz@gmail.com

Anonymous said...

glad you had fun, chel!

Anon said...

i'm not jealous, i'm not jealous, i'm not jealous....

Heidi said...

I SO wish I could have come. Between you and Jenny, I almost want to re-live the weekend!

ema said...

Um yeah...I agree with Dona....