
This is now my 2nd attempt at a blog. We'll just see how long this one lasts. I am probably one of the most random people ever, so I don't even know. This pic was taken of me and Tif this weekend at Kiowa Caroling, sorry Steph I didn't get one of us! But I love you just as much anyway.
Today is my first day at home for the Christmas vacation. When I arrived home it was to the wonderful smell of chicken with some type of awesome sauce. Mom and Dad were experimenting with a Beer Butt Chicken. Very very good. The flavor was incredible and we polished off almost the entire thing. After eating and yacking for a bit, I was able to help Dad move his tractors down to Grandpa's farm and while I was driving behind him at 20 mph, I had just a TAD bit of time to think about a lot of different things. For instance, how awesome our God is that he made such a beautifully blue sky, brilliantly green wheat, very red dirt (since I'm in southern Kansas) and gave us all the senses to enjoy it to it's fullest. When Dad was putting anti-freeze in one of the tractors, I climbed up and sat on the hood while he was working and the smell of snow was so clear on the air that I just had a big grin on my face. I love being able to watch him work and talk to him about anything and everything. After I was "released" from my duties of helping the dad, I went home and got to help mom with the girly stuff. Baking. Fresh baked bread smells incredibly good! It is so great to be home! I can't even describe my emotions on the way down from Topeka this morning. Of course it was a little early so that could play a part, but from Anthony on, my heart was really light. One last thing before I stop rambling. I was doing my devotions tonight and I happen to be in 1 Corinthians 11. A topic that has been much on my mind is in this chapter. Head coverings. There are so many different interpretations of what they stand for. This is a topic that I am going to be researching and finding all I can about them, so that if the chance for me to be a witness arises, I can be armed with the sword of the spirit. If anyone ever reads this, I hope that you were not bored out of your mind. Sometimes the simple things in life are so much fun to talk about that I get a little carried away. Bye for now!

No comments:
Post a Comment