Sunday, December 18, 2005

Orange Juice & Cake

Today at church Dad gave the morning sermon. In the first part he made the analogy that humans are like orange juice. Sometimes we need to get shaken up to get the ingredients mixed up again and he further supported that theory by saying that if one of us were making a cake, we would not take the ingredients, dump them in the pan and stick it in the oven. We would mix everything up to make the finished product. I found these thoughts very intriguing. Sometimes in my walk I am content to just sit where I am at and God has to reach down and "shake me up" to get me back where I need to be. The 2nd reading Dad had was out of Hebrews 13. First verse started with "Let brotherly love continue." To me, that is an entire sermon in itself. How much more can we achieve than if we achieve the ability to love our brothers and sisters. But this chapter did not stop with just this verse, it is full of some amazing thoughts. If anyone ever reads this post, I would really really encourage you to read Hebrews 13. very thought provoking.
So besides his good sermon, I enjoyed being with "my kids" and just the Kiowa church in general. There is no way to even explain the blessings that I get by interacting with the members, young or old. I think there were about....o...8 men on the guys side today. It's sad to see it so small. It is so easy to become dependent upon ones young group, but sometimes a little one-on-one time with God is much more beneficial. In my opinion anyway. So enough of my sermon.

This afternoon was so much fun, I laughed so much with Mom and Dad that I had tears in my eyes. There are some things that only your family can appreciate with you. Tomorrow is going to be an interesting day. I hope to go for a walk in the freezing cold weather tomorrow sometime, so we'll see how that goes. Enough for tonight.

No comments: