Friday, December 08, 2006

Parties, studies, and interferons

Christmas parties with the lovely Kansas ladies is always a good time. Last night we had our Christmas gift exchange and party. Good times were had by all. However, my grade for my presentation I'm giving today might suffer a little... never mind that I could have done it all semester but chose last night to do it, yes procrastination is my middle name. Anyway, it got done and I'm giving it in front of my class today. At 2:30, Kristen and I are going to Kansas City to pick up the helpers for Kiowa caroling... all (what Tif 28?) of them. haha...it should be fun. Props to those *unnamed* travelers who missed their early flight and making it easier for all concerned. ;)
Today in my physiology class (last one of the semester), we were discussing the immune system. One of the immune cells that we discussed was an interferon. One of the roles this cell has is that when it becomes infected by a virus or bacterium, it sends signals to the other cells to guard themselves so that the bacteria/or virus won't spread. Taking some pointers from these interferons would do us all some good. We need to show others how we were once contaminated by sin and were dying, and then Christ cured us by giving us new life in Him. Hope you all have a blessed weekend.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

It always fascinates me how much the physical world is modeled after the spiritual. Have you ever considered how much sin is like a virus? If I understand it correctly, a virus is technically not even alive, and can only reproduce by infecting a living cell and borrowing it's life processes. Similarly, sin can't go far without our help, but when it does infect someone, it seems to be way too reproductive. Praise God for immune systems.

Chelsie said...

We learned about viruses the same day as the the interferons, and no, I guess I didn't think of it in that content...but it sure makes sense. Thanks! (dad told me what don pelon menat) ;) haha

Anonymous said...

post, post, post, post, post, post...

Anonymous said...

finals are over and Christmas is coming. I second the motion for a new post.