Thursday, February 23, 2006

Narnia and Christian Challenge

My aunt sent me this pic with my favorite quote to go along and I found it quite fitting:

"Be the Moon, Reflect the SON."

I can't stop reading the Narnia books! O wow...Tif lent them to me and I figured it would take me at least a while to read them...o no...I can't put them down...I just finished the 2nd one that I started today. No I didn't read them both in one day...I read them both in two days. ha! But yeah they are good. So that's the story of my Narnia infatuation now. ;)
For the past 3 weeks I have been attending our Campus' group of Christian Challenge on Thursdays. I am so excited that I actually see people there that are in my classes and that I can actually talk to someone I know in about every single one of them. The friendships that I have already made are fantastic...but what draws me the most to this meeting is that it is totally Christ-centered and I have already been able to apply everything they have spoken on. The first night was on relationships, and although I don't have a relationship in the physical sense with anyone...it got me focused on what my "relationship" to Christ is and how I can make it better. Last Thursday the topic was "Quiet Time". Totally what I needed. It was really awesome to hear how different each person was with their quiet time but there were some wonderful tips given, such as making sure you have an accountability partner that is going to be checking on your progress in your devotions; Don't just read and go on, read and meditate on God's word so that you will retain the precious words you are given; and finally, Make sure you actually DO your devotions. They are a critical part of life. I already knew this, but it is always nice to be reminded. Then tonight, there was a guest speaker and he gave a very very interesting study on what a "disciple" was in Jesus' time. He made it very personal and it reminded me of the feeling of understanding the prophets as real people that I got after reading the Mark of the Lion series. Attending these nights has been a very good thing for me and I thank God that He opened the doors that allowed me to become aware. He truly is an Awesome God!

4 comments:

ema said...

I LOVE the Narnia books! The last two are my favorite though. You'll proboaby be reading those in a few days:)

Those are some good reminders about devotions. Sometimes it seems so easy just to skim through what I'm reading or put off doing them, but I know that I need to keep up on my spiritual life and just grow. It never helps to miss my devotions so why am I so weak that I do?

Anonymous said...

Never read anything about Narnia. I haven't seen the movie either. I do like the word meditate though so thanks for using that in your post.

Tifani said...

And who didn't think Narnia looked good??????

Paul said...

Haven't read all the books..... but I can't stop looking at that pic....it gorgeous!!