"Ladies and gentlemen, you may now disembark. Thank you for choosing Continental Airways. Enjoy your stay in Houston or the city of your final destination."
"Excuse me! Los siento... I mean... SORRY!" You know... I heard it said once that an AC sister could never sneak up on anyone cause we have our own unique way of identifying our approach. To those who are familiar with the loud "SWISHING" this is ok, but to tired airline travelers and small children who are easily spooked, a "tall freak" running down the airport in a skirt that is eschewing loud noises similar to that of someone beating a rug with a broom, this can be slightly intimidating. Or so I now know by the looks of horror and the "what the???" comments people vocalize as they almost give themselves whiplash to crane their necks around. Talk about not shouting "HEY LOOK AT ME I'M ALMOST LATE FOR MY FLIGHT!" I am so thankful that I made that flight, Houston is one big airport, and I wasn't exactly Enthused about rebooking a flight to OKC. whew thank you Jesus! Anyway. I had a wonderful time in Mexico and I definitely left like 50% of my heart there. 40% percent with Steph and the other 10% with 4 little cuties who absolutely took my heart and ran with it. It's good to back in Kansas, although I find myself saying "Salud!" when others sneeze and "los siento" instead of sorry. o well. Turns out it only confuses some people. ;) well. It's that time. Before I go, I want to leave you all with a very special e-mail I got from a friend of mine who is the epitemy of chivalry. Not. I think what made me feel the most special and which I'm sure he intended was the fact that he sent it to ONLY me. hmmmm... Should I take a hint?? haha. enjoy!

5 comments:
I have had to run through the airport holding my shoes (which were off because of security) to make just a few flights.
So you eschew loud noises (don't we all)? Or do loud noises issue from you?
HAHAHAHAHAHAHA I love the slinkies story. And hey, I almost missed my flight from Tucson too! I believe heart got lost in Mexico this trip as well, but don't worry about the spanish speaking, it wears off after a couple days. I had troubles wanting to say entire thoughts in spanish to my roommate for awhile. It's gone.
hmm... matt good question. I'm gonna go with the undecided answer and say that I just felt like typing eschew. lol. :)
Braden, I'm sorry for your loss. ;) I haven't quite lost it yet, I keep singing "Yo no estoy in la infantarria..." and so on... lol
Hahaha....skirt ping pong...
haha....that's great! I don't know who in my life is like a slinky, but it's funny anyway.
Post a Comment