Friday, April 14, 2006
Easter
Last night, a group of us went to "The Passion Play" that was put on by the Fairlawn Church of the Nazarene. It was a very blessed evening. We all know the significance of the Cross, but last night it really was hitting me hard, and as I was praying last night, I was trying to think of something that would even come close to thanking Jesus for what He did for us, and it hit me...I get to live my Life for Him for the rest of my days here on Earth. This is all He asks for in return. I am so thankful that I serve a God that loves me this much!! There is a scene in the play where Joseph of Arimathea and Mary Magdalene are at the tomb. Joseph is weeping because he says that he could have done something to stop this, and he gives Mary a stone and says "Go ahead condemn me." Mary looks at him and says "I forgive you and Jesus forgives you. He's not dead...I know my redeemer lives!" and then she starts singing the Nicole C. Mullen song, "I know my redeemer lives". After she is done singing the main part of the song, everything got dark and Satan came out dancing and shouting about how he had defeated Jesus on Earth and how Jesus had no power on Earth. Then all these people in white robes holding candles came out on stage, singing "I know my redeemer lives" and then the tomb door slams on to the ground and all this white smoke and bright light are in the tomb door and Jesus walks out. It made me want to jump up and yell!!!! Instead, I had happy tears streaming down my face. I hope everyone has a wonderfully blessed Easter and just remember what it is all about!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


2 comments:
I love that song, The Babe of Bethlehem.
One of my absolute favorite "Christmas" songs. :)
talk about ME not posting...
Post a Comment