Tuesday, November 19, 2013
It's About Time
I must act upon the impulse. Sharing is God's way of letting us connect with others around us. I get caught up in thinking that I have no time, and that when I DO get free time, I need to clean the entire house...twice. :) I love that so many people around me blog, and I wait anxiously to see those updates, and feel very let down when there are none for a while. So, my impulse is: I BET my sisters wouldn't mind getting an update from ME. :) So sisters, this one is for you. I have been glancing back through my former blog posts, and quite a few I would die laughing at the commentary and want to read EVERY single amusing comment to Lee. He didn't find them nearly as fascinating as I did.
Turns out, I just miss my People. I have been having dream after dream of random people that I haven't seen or heard from in a long time. I dream of being in Kansas mixed in with characters and places in Oregon; of High School classmates driving my car, (and wrecking it mind you); of working on my Dad with my new PT skills; of being with the Rinks in my living room; of searching and searching to find a new hair stylist (for a perm) only to find that I actually live in Hardtner, and have been right there the whole time. So many people and places that my heart longs to be with (not the salonist) ;). I see or hear of people going to Kansas (My boss just went to KC, and had BBQ), and I ache to jump in and go along. I dearly love Oregon, and I love the people I am getting to know. I could not ask for better in-laws... BUT, I lived a long time in Kansas, and so many experiences happened that I can only relate by words to Lee.
A couple of weeks ago, I had a bit of a breakdown. You would think that with all the people around me that I couldn't be lonely. BUT...homesick it was. After seeing Tif's blog of going home to Kansas, or of getting e-mails from Steph about long ago hugs in person. I just curl up in my little ball, and have an inner cry. I was thankful to be reminded by a dear friend, when this admission was made: "You know, it may sound redundant, but we have all been there and we understand. Those of us who have left our familiar homes. Please do not let Satan tell you that no one cares, he is a pro at that unfortunately. But he is not the author of anything good and we know that God is faithful." She told me about her son's freckle on his leg, and said, "It didn't have to be there...it would have been easier to not put it there... but it was! And God cares about that freckle and wants it there. If he cares about my baby boy's freckle, you can BET he cares about you and your life." I know we all have moments of doubt, but deep in our being, we know the truth of what she said. But the human side of things definitely kicks in, and we can get a little pity party going on. I am thankful for Susan's words, but more importantly, for the way she allowed God to speak to my heart.
God is working on me, and just like He did when Lee & I first got married, He is keeping that magnifying glass on me, and showing me the TRUE Chelsie, and how different He can make me with His touch. I am so thankful for the refining, but at the same time, overwhelmed. I am thankful for my husband, who lovingly and patiently helps me through my bursts of emotions. What a guy. :)
So, to ancient times and distant music.... Here's to starting up the blog again!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


3 comments:
Yeah!!! [Fist pumps... :)]
Of course we're interested!
ahh, o, maybe
Post a Comment